Brr! Much of the US has experienced snow in the last week, which is really putting a damper on the traditional pastel spring dresses. The reality for many of us is that there is snow on the ground. The highs are barely in the 40s. And it's pretty impractical for us to sport our newest Lilly dress or high heels, for that matter. Here are a few springy Easter outfit ideas that keep warmth in mind.
What will you sport on Easter? Has the weather changed your outfit plans?
I don't know about all of you, but there are some mornings when I don't have time to do all of my makeup. But, there are a few things I don't like to leave the house without using. But, it takes time to go through my makeup to get to these things. So, I found an extra pencil cup at home, (this one from the Container Store) and decided to use it to put these almost everyday essentials in on my dresser!
-MAC Concealer in NC20 (blemishes)
-Maybelline Instant AgeRewind under eye concealer
-Maybelline BB cream in light
-CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara (not my favorite honestly)
-Maybelline MasterBrow eye brow pencil
-Maybelline Great Lash Clear used to set eyebrows
-Sephora Eye Brow Brush/Lash Comb
-Sephora Eyelash Curler
(no, this post was not sponsored by Maybelline, or anyone else, even though it might look that way!)
It's me longing for summer again. Concerts. Probably because so much new information has been released for summer concerts here, and the fact that a lot has been here lately. Here are a few tips to mind your manners.
1. Try to respect others' space. We know it's a tall order, and it's impossible in some respects. That girl wants to see Taylor Swift as much as you do, so don't use force!
2. Do not block people's views. I had one of my worst concert experiences ever when the man (grown man) in front of me would not get off of his chair and was blocking everyone's view. He basically said no way and kept standing up there. (bizarre much?) Same goes with posters. As darling as they might be, they can really get in the way!
3. Be careful with any food/drink that you have. Try not to spill or kick anything over. Everyone around you will be bummed out.
I am going to briefly preface this haul that is a little bit sinful. This is collective: from my birthday, to Target gift cards, to post operation gifts (I've been in the OR 3 times in 3 weeks.) So, don't judge me too hard :) Here goes nothing...
1. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque: Haven't tried this yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
2. Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette: This palette is gorgeous. It was $4.99, and it has been sold out since the fall. I picked up the last one :)
3. Burt's Bees Towelettes for Sensitive Skin: I am adoring these. I got them to take to the hospital to wash my face, and have since been using them every morning. They are super hydrating and they have no fragrance, which is great.
4. Maybelline BabyLips in Original Mint: It's the first one I've tried, and I'll definitely pick up more!
1. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in 120 Light: This stuff is going to be holy grail for me. I did one eye and showed my mom and she could not believe the difference. I don't think I'll leave the house without using this! I have dark circles, and this really helps.
2. Cover Girl Clump Crusher Mascara: This has been getting a ton of hype in the YouTube beauty world, so I had to try it. I like it so far.
3. Maybelline Clean Express Makeup Remover: I am sensitive to basically every makeup remover. It's a constant battle, and I have yet to find one that doesn't hurt my eyes. This one has been irritating to my eyes, but fine on my face, so I'll still use it. If anyone has a great eye makeup remover for sensitive eyes, comment and let me know!
4. Wet N Wild Walking on Egg Shells Trio: This is an awesome little trio. It was like $1.99, and the colors and quality are incredible. I have looked for this at multiple drug stores since AUGUST, and I finally caught a lady in the cosmetics department as she was refreshing the display.
5. L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Lip Stain in 184-Rose on and on: This is supposed to be a dupe for the YSL Glossy Stains, and I haven't tried it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
1. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lipstain in 030 Smitten: Love these, I am sure I'll love this one too!
2. L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Pink Cashmere: I have never tried a L'Oreal lipstick, so I'm curious to see how I like them!
1. Nars Pressed Light Reflecting Powder (Sephora): Love this. It really sets your makeup and leaves a barely noticeable photoshopped glow.
2. Urban Decay Naked Basics: I love this palette so much, they are all good quality mattes, while I wish there would have been more variety in the shades.
3. Sephora Brand Eye Lash Curler: Does the job well.
3. Tweezerman Tweezers (Beauty Brands): Do the job well, great high quality tweezers.
4. Clinique Chubby Shadow Stick in Bountiful Beige: Great base, convenient and super easy to apply.
1. Fresh Sugar Petal Lip Treatment: I am obsessed with these things. They are seriously so good. This is the newest color, and it swatches gorgeously!
2. Origins GinZing Eye Cream: I have already noticed a difference in how soft my skin is with this in just a few days.
3. Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Liner in Stash: These are my all time favorite eye liners, and this olive green color is gorgeous.
4. Korres Lip Butter in Mango: Moisturizing and a great color, I'd definitely pick these up in other colors!
5. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed: I've been lusting after this color for so long, and it is as pretty as everyone says it is!
6. + 7. Sephora Hair Ties in Blue and Green: The girls that work there were helping my mom out and they felt so bad for me after my surgery that they gave those to my mom for me!
8. Dior Addict Lipstick Sample in Extreme: Another gift from the lovely Sephora team, I have never owned any super high end lip products, so I am excited to see how I like this.
That's it. There is the official end of this collective, gigantic haul. Let me know if any of these products are your favorites or what you've hauled recently (beauty or fashion or anything!)
It seems that every brand just came out with some sort of new face finishing/setting powder. Has anyone tried any of these? They look so beautiful, but many of them are very expensive. The NARS and Hourglass powders have both been super raved about lately.