Friday, June 15, 2012

The Importance of a Good Tailor

About a week ago, I went to my senior prom! After finding the perfect dress at Bloomies, naturally there was one large problem on my hands. Being on the petite side (I'm 5'2"), I had to get this dress shortened! There was no way that I was going to be walking around with this beautiful gown dragging on the floor behind me.

Mommy and I made a visit to our family's lifelong tailor. The tailor pinned the dress, got to work, and 4 days later I had a perfectly hemmed gown to wear to my prom.

After looking through countless pre-prom pictures in my tagged photos on facebook, I finally found the perfect picture that represents the almighty significance of a good tailor.

Yes, I'm in the front and to the right in the image above. Don't make fun of my pose, I promise we were taking a goofy picture- haha! 

Please take a second and note the difference between my brilliantly tailored purple gown and the pinkish red dress dragging on the ground behind me. That girl walked around holding her dress up all night. Had it been shortened just a few inches, it would have been perfect. Ugh... amateur hour. 

C and I cannot stress enough the importance of finding a good tailor. Fit is key towards looking your best. 

xoxo, 
A+C

No comments:

Post a Comment