1. Do not look at the crowd beforehand. Trust me, I still regret it.
2. Don't write paragraphs. Use an outline. I learned this the second time around, which taught me the big difference between public speaking and public reading.
3. Don't move your feet, keep them planted. I learned this the hard way when a teacher commented on this freshman year. yikes.
4. Keep your hands glued to the podium. Seriously, I fiddled with my hands in my sweater pockets and I still feel dumb about it.
5. Lastly, be able to laugh at yourself. If you say something wrong, let it go. If some technical difficulty happens, just smile and laugh. It's much less awkward that way.
What are some other tips y'all have? It's an important fact of life that we're always looking to improve!