The SAT, ACT, PSAT. The worst three/four letter combos that exist. The ACT for juniors and seniors is this Saturday. We're both ACT pros. We've each taken it like 4 times. Here are our tips for test day morning.
1. Get enough sleep the night before, but not too much. It's essential you have your normal full amount of sleep that you work best on. But don't make that mistake of going to bed so early that you wake up and are bounding with energy. Also, the earlier you go to bed (than normally for you) the better chance you have of waking up and stressing out at ungodly hours.
2. Don't study the night before. Honestly, you just want to have a clear mind as possible, and trying to remember the distance formulas that Friday night won't help.
3. Relax. The night before, watch a movie, get a pedi, work out. Do something that makes you feel good. Don't go out to crazy the night before!
4.Wake up early enough the morning of that you're awake by the time you reach the testing center. Seriously, it might be five minutes away but you want to be fully awake and present.
5. Eat a good breakfast. Obviously! Make it something you love. Don't get a vent starbucks latte or you will be bouncing off the walls.
6. Remember, it's only a test and it does not determine your success in life!