Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Road Trip Outfits

Road trips. If you're like us, your family is spread out everywhere. You might be like me and have to take a 4.5 hour road trip to your aunt and uncle's house. Confession: I despise road trips. with every ounce of my body. I have to learn to cope with them, because much of my family lives about 4.5 hours away, and by the time we fly, it would take longer than driving. So, here are things I wear when I'm stuck in the car.

I also admit that I do not dress up for car rides, at all. Even if I know I'm going to get there and have to be ready right away, I don't care. I'll change. I have to be comfortable. Here are my comfy but put together looks.

Look #1: Yoga pants + fleece + moccasins. This is most likely what I'll be wearing, with a plain tee underneath. It's easy to change into and it's not a bad outfit!
Look #2: Leggings + big sweater + flats. Good look that is a step above the first look. Can translate easily into a quick Panera run with the cousins when you arrive.
Look #3: Jeans + thermal tee + loafers. The nicest look of the three, still comfy but a step above jeans or leggings.

TIPS:
-Do not wear boots in the car. Yes, I love my riding boots, but honestly they are uncomfortable to sit for hours and are not conducive to either driving either!
-Wear layers. I'm chronically cold, but my sister is the exact opposite. If you run into this problem, wear a tee under your fleece or sweater.
-Do your hair decently the morning of or night before. It's a lot easier to fix when you arrive at your destination.

Do you have to go on road trips a lot? Do you struggle? Let us know!
A+C

No comments:

Post a Comment