Friday, July 27, 2012

School Bags 101

Oh my gosh, the school bag! I don't know how many posts on tumblr we see asking about the ever so important everyday school bag. We're going to tell you about 4 of the popular choices with what we've found works best for different scenarios!




1. The Vineyard Vines Tote: This is a classic tote for sure. They cost about $95, but are made very well. The canvas is very durable and holds its shape well while carrying textbooks. This is probably not the most practical for the high school student carrying 4 textbooks, 3 binders, and 2 notebooks home. We see this as more practical if you have less books to carry. Bonus: they come in cute patterns of many schools. Con: the light color shows dirt, and cleaning the silk is not easy.


2. The Longchamp Le Pliage Large: First of all, if you have any intentions of carrying books, binders, or notebooks, you need the large! This is a popular choice among high school and college students. It's very durable but won't hold a shape as well as the Vineyard Vines tote does. I personally find that this hurts my shoulder if I'm carrying a lot of things. It will also set you back about $145, so it's on the pricier side.

3. The North Face Jester: Perhaps the most common backpack around, it has a good reason! It's durable and comes in many colors. I've had mine for four years, and it's still going strong. I think that backpacks are the most practical for carrying a large load of classes-definitely think backpacks are better for high school and college if you have a lot! I always carry a backpack/purse to class. It's reasonably priced at $65.

4. The Vera Bradley Vera: These bold Vera Bradley totes are very popular. They hold up fairly well, although I did notice fading when I used mine in eighth grade. I think I'd shy away from them, because I thought it hurt my shoulders! They run about $86, so they are the least expensive of the tote options. They are great because they are washable, however, it's easy to get sick of such a bold pattern!

That's our blow by blow of school bags! Let us know what you use!
Love,
A+C

No comments:

Post a Comment