Like so many MYMM posts, this one is prompted by us observing a scene. Last weekend, I was at J.Crew checking out. A father was spending a significant amount of money (read: $1200.) on his teenage daughter. She wanted a peacoat in addition. Her father said no, he is already spending too much. This girl pitches a screaming fit. Yes, she is probably 15 or 16. And to make matters worse, she was wearing a tee shirt that had her high school name on it. If that is not awful behavior, I don't know what is.
1. Greet the salespeople even if they do not greet you. I mean they are probably distracted, but saying hi always makes someone's day a little brighter.
2. Do not leave clothes on the dressing room floor. Yup, we've all seen it: 5 pairs of jeans, 4 tops. a couple dresses, all on the floor. Picking up and hanging up everything is not their job, be polite! It's like leaving crumbs everywhere on a table at a restaurant.
3. Put things back where they came from. No, that polka dot blouse was not with the cardigans. Put it back, unless a salesperson takes it.
4. If you don't want help, say "I'm just browsing/looking." Don't lead them on! It's less stress for you, too.
5. Say thank you. Anyone who has been a reader this long knows every MYMM post includes this!
Most importantly, Be grateful for what you get! We know none of you will pitch fits!