Wednesday, December 5, 2012

IBD Awareness Week

Today, I (C) would like to interrupt the normal posts about fashion, manners, and school to talk about something that means the world to me. This week is national Crohn's and Colitis Awareness week, also known as Inflammatory Bowel Disease.

Definition of Inflammatory Bowel Disease from Mayo Clinic

Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) involves chronic inflammation of all or part of your digestive tract. IBD primarily includes ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. IBD can be painful and debilitating, and sometimes leads to life-threatening complications.

I'm C, and I have Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Unfortunately, my doctors are not sure if it is Crohn's or Colitis, so it's classified as Indeterminate IBD. This isn't something I have ever posted about on this blog, but I talk about it on my tumblr frequently. I try to keep KAK as my "outlet" for posting about fun things I enjoy writing about.

This is not one of them. There is nothing "fun" about battling this illness. But it's something that I've learned to live with. Although I don't enjoy this disease, I feel that I need to raise awareness.

So, if you don't know what IBD is, or anyone who has it, (you do now!) Take a minute to find some information about it and be aware. 

(and colitis.)

If anyone has any questions, shoot me an email or check out my tumblr. Thanks for reading this post.

xoxo,
C

(PS: If anyone has a cause they would like to see us post on, let us know! We loving learning about things that our readers are passionate about!)






No comments:

Post a Comment