Not sure that these need much of an introduction...
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- *2 1/4 tsp cocoa powder
- *1 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tbsp red food coloring
- 1 tsp white distilled vinegar
- *2 tsp vanilla extract
for the cream cheese frosting:
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- *2 tsps vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
1. Batter is ready to be put in cupcake pan.
2. I spray the pan with Pam and then fill each hole up 2/3 with the batter. Note: I do not use liners, but you could if you want, just pull them off before putting them in the jar.
3. Usually they are done after about 17 minutes in my oven at temperature of 350℉, and I take them out and put them on a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Once they are cool, I slice them in half. You will have a stack of tops and a stack of bottoms.
5. Place 1 bottom in each jar.
6. Put a layer of the frosting.
7. Take the top of the cupcake and place on top of the layer of frosting.
8. Flatten (gently smash) the top part of the cupcake inside the jar. You want to get the top sort of flat.
9. Beautifully frost the top of the cupcake.
10. Cover with lids and package however you like! It will be heartbreaking to eat, as it is so pretty, but it is so yummy!
Recipe via Cakies