Sooo for those of you doing some last minute studying, here are some helpful tips from two AP test taking veterans. And even if you're not taking APs this week, these study tips should help you to study for any test!
- Grab all of your notes, books, and other learning materials and run to a comfortable environment that is conducive to learning in a way that suits you best. I (A) tend to lock myself in my room for hours on end when I study. Depending on the topic, I enjoy listening to music on pandora. Take note of our 'study music' station suggestions from our #thingswelove post.
- Take a deep breath. Clear your head. Take a minute to check this out. You're welcome.
- Organize your notes by unit and group them by topic. It helps to focus on one topic at a time at first. This way, if you're confused or unsure of something, you know exactly what unit you're struggling with. Color coding with a highlighter always works wonders (hint, hint).
- Practice, practice, practice. Practice really does make perfect. Your best bet is to re-take old tests or search for old AP questions to practice from. Spark Notes AP Test Center, anyone?
- Use your review book too!! And if you don't have one, you should run to your local bookstore and get one.
- Make a study schedule. Schedule 2 hours of studying and then a 30 minute break. Don't overwork yourself, but stick to your schedule.
- Use rewards as motivation to study. Whatever the reward may be...whether its a mani/pedi, a trashy tv break (Real Housewives, Girls, Sex and the City...the list could go on and on...), chocolate- give yourself something to work towards!
- Get plenty of sleep. Eat a hearty breakfast (remember your brain foods...aka eggs). Don't freak out.