- Try to designate one day of the week where you don't wear jeans. This can be a fun alternative for running to class or weekend errands. Not wearing jeans allows you to play around with pieces you own. Here are a few examples of easy "non denim" outfits! Side note: Check out our tumblr and polyvore accounts, linked on the side! There you can find many other inspirations, and our personal outfits! (Thanks to our blogging friend, agracelamb, for the inspiration on this one!)
- This leads into our next idea: corduroys. Cords are classic and elegant. Cords work essentially as jeans do. They are super easy to throw on, and go with a wide variety of things. Cords offer an instantly polished and pulled together look. Cords can be found in a wide variety of cuts and colors. (note: take on colored cords similarly to the new colored denim trend!) We love J.Crew cords! Check out their options below! Many stores are having great deals, so check them out to stock up!
- Keep track of what you have been wearing! You can do this either via polyvore, or just by taking a simple mirror picture on your phone. This will allow you to see what has worked for you in the past, and what you haven't worn in a long time. Below, you'll see two example of "OOTD" posts from C and A! (First OOTD-C, Second OOTD-A!)
- Invest in some classics. Five items that we feel are crucial to invest in: a navy blazer, well fitting jeans, a great white shirt, riding boots, and the perfect little black dress. These will never go out of style, and they will all last forever, if properly maintained.
- Look for inspiration! There are so many websites all over.-WhoWhatWear and PeopleStyle are great for celeb looks. Tumblr is a great niche, and many fashion blogs all over the internet! Of course, check here for some of the best fashion posts of all :) And of course, the magazines: Vogue, InStyle, Glamour, and People StyleWatch to name a few!!
What are you going to try to do to be more fashionable? Are you going to use any of these ideas? Let us know below!