First on the list: The Louvre! The Louvre is absolutely stunning. I really love art, but I can honestly say that I don't always have the patience to go through museums for hours. This is totally different. I spent about three hours in there, and if I were to do it again, I would allow for 5. It's incredible, and I cannot even put into words how fantastic the art is. My personal favorite: Winged Victory.
Second on the list: Montmartre and Sacre Coeur. This is a really famous church, essentially on top of a hill. Not only is the church gorgeous, but as you can see, the view is just as breathtaking. I wasn't able to go into the church, but, it's so stunning. On top of Montmartre, it's like a little town! There are restaurants and vendors all over. It's a great way to get a stunning view of Paris, and look around. You would never think it would be up there! The hundreds of steps are well worth the view.
- Carry an umbrella. I learned that the hard way.
- Keep your purse close with you at all times. A cross body is the best purse to use.
- Eat a crepe on the street, they are so delicious. My personal favorite: nutella and strawberries.
- Shop the Champs-Elysee. It's fabulous to walk down.
- You can negotiate prices at touristy shops.
- Take advantage of people watching while you eat at little cafes. That alone was one of my favorite parts.
Before you go:
Watch: Midnight in Paris, Chocolat, Coco Before Chanel, and Amelie. All of these are fabulous movies, and will definitely get you even more stoked become a francophile!
Have you been to Paris? What are your favorite sites? Do you have plans to visit? Let us know!