Thursday, January 12, 2012

Paris, Je t'aime.

Hi everyone! I (C) was fortunate enough to spend time in Paris last year! Our friend Royar over at My Life As A Young Southern Prep suggested we write a post, so thanks for the inspiration, Royar! Paris was absolutely one of my favorite cities. It's so gorgeous, and the history is incredible. *All photos are mine* (side note: this post was such a blast to write, so I hope you enjoy it!)

First on the list: The Louvre! The Louvre is absolutely stunning. I really love art, but I can honestly say that I don't always have the patience to go through museums for hours. This is totally different. I spent about three hours in there, and if I were to do it again, I would allow for 5. It's incredible, and I cannot even put into words how fantastic the art is. My personal favorite: Winged Victory.


Second on the list: Montmartre and Sacre Coeur. This is a really famous church, essentially on top of a hill. Not only is the church gorgeous, but as you can see, the view is just as breathtaking. I wasn't able to go into the church, but, it's so stunning. On top of Montmartre, it's like a little town! There are restaurants and vendors all over. It's a great way to get a stunning view of Paris, and look around. You would never think it would be up there! The hundreds of steps are well worth the view.


Third on the list: Le Jardin du Luxembourg. It's a park, outside of Luxembourg Palace, and the French Senate. It's a lovely place to walk through and rest your feet. Definitely stop by if you can!


Fourth on the list: Notre Dame. What a stunning church. The architecture is totally breathtaking. It's not a far walk from the Louvre, so it's definitely a must see! (if you can't go in, the outside is as gorgeous.)


Last but not least: The Eiffel Tower. This is a pretty obvious attraction, and perhaps what France is the most famous for. It's fun to do, and great to say that you went! I highly recommend getting there early, or you will have such an insane wait. Also, it's fun to walk by at night! If you don't get to go up at night, it's still fun to see everything lit up. It truly comes straight out of a book! I went very early in the morning, and it was much faster than it would be at night.


Other tips:

  • Carry an umbrella. I learned that the hard way.
  • Keep your purse close with you at all times. A cross body is the best purse to use.
  • Eat a crepe on the street, they are so delicious. My personal favorite: nutella and strawberries.
  • Shop the Champs-Elysee. It's fabulous to walk down.
  • You can negotiate prices at touristy shops.
  • Take advantage of people watching while you eat at little cafes. That alone was one of my favorite parts.
Before you go: 
Watch: Midnight in Paris, Chocolat, Coco Before Chanel, and Amelie. All of these are fabulous movies, and will definitely get you even more stoked become a francophile!

Have you been to Paris? What are your favorite sites? Do you have plans to visit? Let us know!
Love, 
A+C

2 comments:

  1. Merci mes amies! I've got this starred and will memorize before I go to Paris in March! Y'all are the best! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those movies are all favorites! I've been to Paris twice and it always has a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete