The best part: They are only 214 calories a piece, and are actually satisfying! Try these out to add some perk to your mornings!
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 9 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 cups)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients.
- 3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- 4. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until done. Remove muffins from pan immediately; place on a wire rack.
- Are you going to try these out? Let us know if you do! Enjoy the long weekend!