1. Set times to skype/call. Or days! Maybe you have a last minute conflict-don't sweat! Sundays are always good-that's when lots of homesickness kicks in, you'll want to be in contact!
2. Text your friends randomly. The girl in your freshman seminar has that same backpack as your bestie? Text her and say it made her think of her! Just send a hope you have a good morning text to your friends occasionally. It will for sure bring a smile to their day!
3. Keep up with their tweets/facebook/blogs. You'll be able to stay in the loop without talking to them!
4. Start a group text. GroupMe is a great app for your friends with iPhones! It's super easy and quick. Plus you can share dorm room pictures, mixer pictures etc.
5. Plan to see them when you're all home. A lunch or dinner at your favorite local restaurant and watching movies usually does the trick!
How will you stay in touch with your friends?